Hidalgo Independent School District is dedicated to providing a quality education for every student in our district.
In support of the district mission to enable today’s students to thrive in a “global tomorrow,” Hidalgo ISD will develop and nurture partnerships with parents/caregivers, students, and community stakeholders. (Establish a network of community resources) Furthermore, the district will involve parents/caregivers in aspects of the various local, state, and federal programs offered in Hidalgo ISD schools.
Parent Involvement in Developing the Policy
Hidalgo Independent School District will provide the following necessary coordination, technical assistance, and other support to assist Title I schools in planning and implementing effective Family and Community Engagement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance (Develop staff skills in evidence-based practices that support families in meeting their children’s learning benchmarks):
- Title I consultation from the district level to serve in an advisory capacity to Title I campuses
- A district advisory council (FACE) to provide feedback on all matters related to major decisions in programs including Title I, Part A programs. (Increase family participation in decision-making)
- A district meeting of parents, caregivers, community members, and campus personnel to provide feedback and input on-campus plans and policies that affect parent programs in May. (Evaluate family engagement efforts and use evaluations for continuous improvement)
- Appropriate roles for community-based organization and businesses in Family and Community Engagement activities (Establish a network of community resources)
Hidalgo Independent School District and its campuses will take the following actions to involve parents in the joint development of its district/school Family and Community Engagement Plan (Increase family participation in decision-making):
- Actively recruit parents/caregivers to participate in parent advisory capacity
- Schedule meetings at convenient times and locations to participate in a comprehensive review of policy and programs for parent involvement and academic information through monthly FACE meetings and Parent Roundtable sessions and community evening events such as Back to School Rally, Diabetes Walk, Cancer Awareness, Superintendent’s Games, and others. Flyers and notices will be posted in schools, communities, and websites.
- Establish a team of parent liaisons to assist campus principals to implement parent involvement activities and initiatives
- Offer a flexible number of meetings, such as meetings in the morning or evening, and provide transportation or home visits, as such services relate to Family and Community Engagement FACE meetings and Parent Roundtable sessions and community evening events such as Back to School Rally, Diabetes Walk, Cancer Awareness, Superintendent’s Games, and others.
- Facilitate communication between parents/caregivers and Title I campuses through Campus Parent Centers.
The campus Family Engagement Plans are located on the drop down menu to the left.